Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Loyola Phenomenon

It all began twelve years ago.When I was a small kid of just 4 years.A small innocent child who was not exposed to any of the world,unprepared to face the hardships and the problems in life. My mom dressed me up in a blue shirt and black shorts,and i was like where are we goin mom? and She replied "Were goin to see your new school son,Loyola".It took me quite some time to pronounce the name properly.Till then it was like Olola and Loloya for me.
I gleefully entered the car.My ears reciprocated the sound of the engine.IT said "we were OFF". I was suspicious if i was going to a school or some native place.(as of then.I had thought of native places as faraway places)
When i looked out of the window.It showed a lush green landscape.Acres and acres of it.When i asked my dad which place it was.He told me that it was the TUBER CROPS RESEARCH CENTRE.I made my brain digest the information even if it did not mean anything to me.! little did i know tht in just a few seconds,i was going to enter a place that would change my life.Little did i know tht i was about to enter a place that would make my life more serene,peaceful and of course-playful and fun-filled.
When we crossed the loyola gate,my dad told me that we had reached the school.I couldnt believe my eyes.I initially thought that it was some sort of a place where classes were not in classrooms,but underneath trees(like a gurukul).for i dint see any buildings for quite a while.It was just trees and lots of it.I just enjoyed the view.I was soon put in queue for the interview.I still remember the day as if it were just yesterday.When i entered the room,the first instruciton given to me was not to turnaround to see my parents.There were 3 priests in the interview panel. Father Thomas,Father Pulickal,and Father Mani. Even now, memory has the imprints the first question i was asked. Father Pulickal asked me "how did you come?".
I replied " i came by car." Even my small brain could understand that he was delighted by my answer just by looking at his face.I also remember the only question i couldnt answer correctly.When Father Thomas showed me a steel glass and asked me what it was made of,I could only answer "metal" He tried to prompt steel out of me to his very best, but was unsuccesful.

That was how it all began.It was my membership card to the LOYOLA FAMILY.

Whts LOYOLA all about...? all of the non-loyolite readers might be still wondering what loyola is all about.
The Fundamental mantra of success and the secret of the nice atmosphere in Loyola can be attributed to the fact that the Teachers are Friends!.The student teacher relationship is so amazing. Dont students learn things much better from friends than from some strangers? that is what Loyola is! Classes are as though friends are teachin you...

About the campus: The loyola campus itself is inviting to any stranger..The greenery makes the senses calm and refreshed! Students find their own favourite haunts.

The non-teaching staff is equally loving.They are upto help us whenever we need them.

So..
if you are not yet a loyolite...if you wanyt to enjoy life and drink its essence to the lees...i say you join LOYOLA now itself.Time and Tide waits for no one BUDDY!

No comments: